By Megan Brewer of Yumology
As the weather gets warmer, our meals get cooler. It’s not often we crave soups, stews and casseroles during the summer months. We do, however, love a good salad and a good piece of grilled meat. Why not combine the two into a delicious bowl full of fresh summer flavors perfect as a weeknight meal or a BBQ take-along!
- Grill the brats until they are fully cooked.
- Slice the brats into bite-sized chunks and add them to a large salad bowl.
- Cut the head of romaine in half and let it sit on top of the grill for 1 minute until it just begins to wilt and char.
- Remove the lettuce and slice it thin and add it to the bowl with the sausage.
- Add the tomatoes, onion, olives and artichoke hearts to the bowl and toss all of the ingredients together.
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and garlic powder to form a dressing.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss.
- Sprinkle the grated Parmesan over the salad and toss again.
- Serve as a meal or as a side dish at a BBQ.